Senior Portfolio Process and Forms
4-H Senior Portfolios are designed to help senior 4-H members (ages 14-18) prepare a comprehensive summary of documents of their overall growth and achievements they have gained over the course of their 4-H career. Youth will learn how to prioritize and summarize their accomplishments while creating professional documents.
Each year 4-H seniors are encouraged to complete and submit a porfolio to the Florida 4-H State Office. Many awards, educational trips and college scholarships are given to 4-H members on the basis of their records and project work.
The application process is open April 1 through June 1.
Watch this interactive presentation on how to successfully complete your Senior Portfolio:
April 1 at 9am – Portfolio and references open online
June 1 at 4pm – Portfolio and References close online (nothing is accepted after this date and time)
Links to Submit a Portfolio and References
Completed references are due June 1, 2021, no later than 4 pm. Members are strongly encouraged to submit their reference contact information as soon as possible and well in advance of submitting their portfolio. This will allow your references time to respond before June 1.
- ONLY PDF, DOC, or DOCX files will be accepted during the upload step of the application.
- Include your Last Name and County in the file name (Example: John_Smith_Resume_Alachua.pdf)
- All documents should be typed, double-spaced, in 10-12 point black font.
The Senior Portfolio consists of a Cover Page and the Portfolio. Members should use these documents below as a draft to review with their local 4-H agent, club leader and/or parent/guardian. The State HQ Office recommends that you work on your answers in the available portfolio templates. When you are ready to submit your application, copy and paste your responses into the application.
If you are applying for horse scholarships, you will need to complete a few additional steps:
Additional Helpful Resources
- SMART Goals
- Suggested Portfolio Guideline
- What are my skills?
- Senior Portfolio PowerPoint
- Financial Need Statement (this is provided for members who are applying for a scholarship that has a financial need component.)
- Reference Form (this is included for members to see what will be asked of their references.)
Rubrics and Scoresheets (These documents will give members insight on how they will be evaluated)