SRTLC has been postponed to February 3-6.
Join us for the Southern Region Teen Leadership Conference (SRTLC) and develop the leadership skills you need to make your clubs, communities, country, and world a better place!
SRTLC is a 4-H conference created to bring together 4-H teens and adults to empower and inspire them to make a positive change across the southern region through youth-adult partnerships.
|Who||4-H members age 14-18 (as of September 1 of currenty 4-H year)|
|When||February 3-6, 2022|
|Registration||November 1, 2021 through January 7, 2022 via 4HOnline|
|Where||Clyde M. York 4-H Center - Crossville, Tennessee|
|Travel||Travel by Charter Bus will be available to all attendees. Specific pick-up locations TBA.|
Opportunities Available at SRTLC
- Workshops - Do you have exciting skills or knowledge that you want to teach others? Consider applying to lead a one (1) hour workshop by January 14th at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5i05igHbqrZnroy?. We recommend workshops consist of 30 minutes of hands-on activities and be taught by two youth and adult.
- Roundtables - Do you have an important topic that you'd like to discuss? Consider applying to lead a 20-minute roundtable by January 14th at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5i05igHbqrZnroy?. You will need to decide on a topic and a list of guiding questions that will help guide the discussion.
- Service Project - Do you have an organization or school that is near and dear to your heart that could use some support? This year SRTLC invites applications for us to adopt an organization in our state so we can share the love in the southern region. All items must be arranged to be picked-up on the day of the project and taken back to state/organization. Submit your organization or school for consideration by January 14th at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cGdrAB6xUIGOVlc.
- Talent Show - Do you have a talent that you want to show off to the southern region? We'd love to see it! Submit your information by January 14th at https://forms.office.com/r/UddCpC5tYX.
- Pride of States - Do you have an awesome event, activity, project, or experience in Florida 4-H taht you want to share at SRTLC? Consider applying to show off your hard work and maybe someone will get a new idea to take home. There will be prizes for those that participate. Sign up by January 14th at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1SrocOWm9xSiU5g.
Risk Management and COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
- Please refer to Risk Management Plan (*link to https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/files/srtlc22_winter_complete_risk_management_plan.pdf) for our event's full plan to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and general operation guidelines for facilities at Clyde M. York 4-H Center.
- The COVID 19 Risk Mitigation Plan was approved by all participating state coordinators and their 4-H program leaders. Any changes to the plan will be communicated to those that register
- SRTLC is a voluntary event. The COVID-19 mitigation protocols listed in that document have been established to provide the safest possible environment for youth and adults attending. It is imperative that all youth and adults agree to and abide by these established protocols. All decisions to attend should be based on your specific situation and comfort with the potential for exposure to any illness while attending SRTLC.
Youth-Adult Planning Committee
Youth and adult members from Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana and Georgia gather during the summer to plan and implement SRTLC. Each year, Florida can appoint three (3) youth members to represent them in the planning and implementation process. 4-H members who are 10th-11th graders (as of September 1, 2019), are invited to apply to be on this planning committee. Strong preference is given to those members who have attended SRTLC in the past, but we welcome applications from any 4-H member who is of age and has a passion for program planning and implementation.
Responsibilities for the three chosen 4-H members will include Zoom planning meetings from July through September and leading an educational workshop during the conference. They need to be available to attend the pre-conference meeting on September 22 and the full conference from September 23-26. This is a great opportunity to build leadership and event planning related life skills from all over the model alongside youth and adults from Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee.
2021 Florida Planning Delegation
Anastasia - Pinellas County Taylor - Clay County Keara - Sarasota County
Phone: (352) 846-HHHH (4444)